Caring Souls Foundation (CASOF) is a registered Non-Government Organization (under Societies Registration Act, 1860) with a pan India presence. The organization is dedicated to the cause of HIV/AIDS and CANCER prevention and providing support to patients.
CASOF defines dedication, common values, goals and caring for the entire team. The three branch offices and 88 counseling cum information centers in 18 states operate in tandem, led by the parent office at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The parent office supports the operational teams in its task of benefiting people by educating and supporting.
Our Mission Statement
"Awake and Aware.
Have power of knowledge and be informed.
Help and Support the less privileged.
Improve Quality of Life of the sufferers.
Inspire and equip each and everyone."
The mission of the Caring Souls Foundation (CASOF) is to prevent and help Cancer and HIV/AIDS through education, communication, research and collaboration to create sustainable systems to financially aid patients.
• Prevention of Cancer
• Prevention of HIV/AIDS. Mass Awareness on Cancer and AIDS
• Spreading awareness among masses, especially children
• Promoting early detection of the disease
• Financial help and assistance for the poor and needy patients of Cancer
• A registered Non-Government Organization (NGO)
• Registration No. 1360 (2004) & 2434 (1999) under Societies Registration Act 1860
• Registered under section 80G (v) (vi) & 12 (AA) of the Income Tax Act
• Permanent Account Number (PAN) AAATC2835P
• Presence in 15 states in India, coverage of more than 15 cr population
• Network of 88 counseling centers
• Covering more than hundred cities & tehsils of more than 18 States of India
How We Work
We believe that spread of knowledge and information works best if imparted to children. That makes a solid foundation of responsible citizens. Our volunteers begin from educational institutions. Awareness sessions and camps are organized for children as well for teachers and other staff members. The methodology includes exhibitions, lectures, workshops, debate, painting contests etc. Later, the volunteers approach the parents of these children and inform them about HIV/AIDS and Cancer. Through them the volunteers reach their neighbors and so a large group of people is contacted and the chain of information spreads far and wide. Through this approach many myths and misconceptions among people about HIV and Cancer are broken.
Such people are unaware of the facts what harm CANCER and HIV virus can cause to them, to their family members or to the society. Our effort is to create general awareness by working at grassroot level. They are explained the subject (AIDS and cancer) through banners, posters and other visual means. They are also asked to solve questionnaire on this subject which help enhance their knowledge on the subject.